Arts&Culture

Ed Westwick removed from BBC Agatha Christie drama Ordeal By Innocence

Ed Westwick removed from BBC Agatha Christie drama Ordeal By Innocence

Actor Ed Westwick has been dropped from the upcoming BBC mini-series Ordeal By Innocence, with his part set to be re-shot by another actor, after multiple allegations of sexual assault surfaced against him.

In November, Westwick vehemently denied allegations of rape, which had been made by two women.

Producers will reshoot sections of the BBC1 drama Ordeal By Innocence with British actor Christian Cooke.

The miniseries had originally been scheduled for a December 26 premiere on BBC One as part of the British network's holiday programming, but its release was suspended indefinitely in November after allegations against Westwick began to surface.

The BBC previously said that it was not making any judgment on the "serious allegations" but would pull Ordeal by Innocence from its Christmas schedule "until these matters are resolved".

More news: Kawhi Leonard Has A 'Partial Tear' In His Left Shoulder
More news: Man arrested by Mumbai Police for stalking Sachin's daughter Sara
More news: Kane brace fires Tottenham past AFC Wimbledon

His role, of Mickey Argyll, will now be filled by Cemetery Junction actor Christian Cooke for the reshoots, which will take place later this month.

The premiere of the three-part drama series was initially meant to air on December 26, but was postponed indefinitely in November in the wake of accusations by actress Kristina Cohen, as well as two other women, Aurélie Wynn and Rachel Eck. The star has also "paused" filming on the second series of BBC Two comedy White Gold, in which he stars as an Essex double glazing salesman. Westwick responded to the allegations a day later in an Instagram post, which read: "I do not know this woman". She alleged that she had been raped by Westwick three years ago and later filed a police report against him with the Los Angeles Police Department.

She claimed a producer she was dating at the time allegedly brought her to Westwick's house, where he raped her.

In his most recent Tweet last November, Westwick said he was "co-operating with the authorities so that they can clear my name as soon as possible".