Racist Protesters Unite For A Second Time In Charlottesville

Racist Protesters Unite For A Second Time In Charlottesville

On Saturday around 7:40 p.m., a group of about 40 to 50 people, including Spencer, gathered at Emancipation Park, where the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee stands, Charlottesville police said.

The group was expressing its opposition to plans of removal of the statue that has now been covered up as a legal challenge to its removal continues. Police said they'll work with city leaders and the Commonwealth Attorney's office to see what legal action could be taken in response to the gathering. After the rally, the group left the park, boarded a bus and left the city, according to police.

"Another despicable visit by neo-Nazi cowards", he wrote, adding: "You're not welcome here!"

"We wanted to prove that we came in peace in May, we came in peace in August, and we come again in peace", Spencer said. While Spencer led the rally, which lasted less than half an hour, it was unknown if Kessler was participating.

Hurriedly, and nearly sneakily, a group of panicked white supremacists scurried out of a tour bus and into Charlottesville.

More news: Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. Carted Off Field After Ankle Injury
More news: India hammered by United States in debut U-17 World Cup match
More news: Key Things You Should Probably Know About the Google Pixel 2

Spencer said in a video posted on Twitter that "Charlottesville 3.0 was a great success". On published the videos, hear the men chanting, "don't replace" and "We will return". James Alex Fields Jr., 20, was charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding and one count related to leaving the scene.

Spencer popularized the term "alt-right" - an umbrella term for white nationalists and other proponents of far-right ideas - and has espoused racist and anti-Semitic views, calling for "peaceful ethnic cleansing".

White nationalists bearing torches returned to Charlottesville, Virginia, Saturday night.

A Black Lives Matter group later staged a counterprotest at the University of Virginia president's home.

Spencer was supposed to speak at the university in September, but the event was delayed because of security concerns and then followed with a free-speech lawsuit.